Yes = aye (pronounced “eye”)
No = nay
C’mon = come come
really? = in faith?
relax = take your ease
over there = yonder
watch out = make way
expensive = dear
hello = good day
greeting a person:
girl = miss
boy or man = sir
married woman or older = madame
Directions: Answer the following questions using complete sentences.
- Do you think Jonathan’s feelings have changed about war? How?
- Describe the setting during today’s reading.
- If you were the author, what would you change about the story?
- If you were to rename the book, what would you call it?
- What would happen if the main character was a girl?
- What is your opinion of the book so far? Why?