1. What symbolism is used in the prologue?
2. Provide one detail about the setting.
3. What kind of dream was Tuck having? How can you tell it was a good dream?
4. What did Mae take with her on her trip to Treegap?
5. How long had Mae Tuck looked the same?
6. Who was Winnie talking to as she threw the pebble at the gnats?
7. Why does Winnie think all of her family’s attention is on her?
8. Who is Tuck? What’s his first name?
9. What does Winnie plan on doing in Chapter 3?
10. What time of year is this story taking place?
short, brief stories that were intended to teach a moral lesson
talking animals were featured as having human characteristics in these stories
i.e. Aesop’s Fables